“Whether you are an adventure junkie or looking for a relaxing and quiet getaway, once you arrive you will never want to leave the Watamu Treehouse. Amazing rooms immersed in nature, delicious food that is healthy and catered to the individual, and the most friendly staff that welcomes you like family. I can say this was my first rooftop sunset looking out over a vast jungle and beautiful beach while watching monkeys jump from tree to tree below me. There should not be another location topping Watamu Treehouse on your bucket list.”Marcus, San Francisco, July 2018
Watamu combines the relaxation of a tropical beach holiday
with the sense of adventure experienced on wilderness safari. Building has taken place on the small footprint in the forest that was cleared for utility use by the previous owners. No trees were cut down in the process. The unique building style of using local materials to create a direct connection with nature was perfected by Sala Terrena Creative Construction, and it complemented the recycled hand-blown glass from Kitengela Glass and Anslem’s Hot Glass.
In 2014 the pool and yoga studio were added and Treehouse became a year-round boutique hotel and retreat centre. In 2017 Treehouse started hosting other teachers’ retreats as a core-business. In 2018, a second yoga room and massage room were added to meet the demand. And so it continues…. .
TO BE OF SERVICE: This is our purpose
This week of will be filled with soul liberating experiences. We retreat to reconnect, to restore balance and to renew the senses. We give from a soul level in great respect, we are of service to those around us no matter upbringing or location. Come not only to take a break for yourself but also to embark on a journey of peace and transformation. This will be the perfect uplifting experience to enhance your mind, body, and spirit.
Inclusions & Highlights
- Daily morning movement & meditation class & full moon drumming ceremony
- Beautiful indoor/outdoor shala
- Nourishing daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, teas, juices & coffees
- Outdoor saltwater pool with sunset views
- One massage included AND TWO excursions!
- Local community day: giving of ourselves to those in need
Activities for additional fee:
- Tidal float down Mida Creek followed by Swahilli breakfast on the beach and a nature walk back ($50pp)
- Private yoga classes, Mangrove floats, Safari adventure, Spa services
- Flights, Transport to hotel, Tips and Travel Insurance not included
- 7:30- 9:30 Energizing Movement Class
- 9:30-10:30 Free time, pool
- 10:00-11:00 Breakfast
- 11:30-1:30 Free time
- 2:00-3:00 Lunch
- 3:00-7:00 massage, excursion
- 7:30 Dinner
The schedule is flexible. It will adapt to the needs of each group or other reasons.
Please plan to fly into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport connecting to Malindi airport MYD. Visas given upon arrival to Nairobi airport
Insurance & Liability
Some vaccines are recommended or required for visitors to Kenya. The World Health Organization recommends the following: typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cholera, yellow fever, rabies, meningitis, and influenza. The most pressing concern is typhoid through contaminated food or water. It is not advisable to drink tap water anywhere in Kenya if you are not used to it. At Treehouse we provide unlimited filtered and safe-drinking water to guests. Bring a water bottle to refill before you venture away from our towers on a gentle adventure!
Packages & Booking:
- Shared room $2700.00
- Single: $3700.00
- $500 deposit due at sign-up. All payments are non-refundable, full balance due 90 days before arrival
- Send Payments to Venmo @mediumnorth